Monday, August 8, 2011

A Breeze Is Not A Breeze Is Not A Breeze

At the beginning of this week, I was walking with a couple of other PCVs (Peace Corps Volunteers) in a town near Marrakech. It was quite hot. After a short walk, we reached a bus stop, where we escaped the heat as we waited under the shade of a tree for a Marrakech city bus to take us back into Marrakech.

After not too long, perhaps 15 minutes, the bus pulled up and we boarded the bus. As the bus got moving, a breeze started to blow through the windows of the bus. It wasn't a refreshing breeze, however, because the air blowing on us was hot.

The next day, I was in El Jadida, a city on the coast. It was not hot there. In fact, that night, when I was asleep, a breeze was blowing, through the windows of the room in which I was sleeping, which was so chilly that I was uncomfortably cold.

Two places. Same country. Same time of year. Not the same breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment