Sunday, February 5, 2012

Making Someone Smile

I love when I make someone smile. I've brightened someone's day. And that makes me feel better, too!

So, yesterday, when I was at the bakery at which I buy bread everyday, I told the baker that his bread is delicious. He smiled.

Later, I thought about how I've been buying his bread for so long, and yet how infrequently I tell him how much I enjoy it. When I get home from the bakery, I eat a little bit of the bread before I eat most of the rest of it as part of my sandwich. Everyday I rip out some of the warm inner part of the bread and eat it when I'm in my kitchen preparing a sandwich for lunch. A few days ago, I marveled at how I get to enjoy something so delicious despite being in the Peace Corps and living in a relatively remote town in the Sahara. I was, and am, grateful for his delicious product, so I'm glad I thanked him for it. And I'm glad I made him smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment