Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Heed Traffic Signs

After the travels I described in my last blog entry, I was continuing on my way back here to the town where I live in the Sahara. I took grand taxis between the towns; each time I arrived in a town, I would pick up another grand taxi to the next town. Generally between these particular towns, as is often the case here in inland, rural Morocco, there wasn't much in between one town and the next one. It's usually an undeveloped, even desolate desert landscape.

At one point, we passed a traffic sign which had a camel on it. Not too much later, we encountered a flock of camels. Some of them were right next to the side of the road. The grand taxi driver had to stop since some of them started walking on the road. He beeped his horn at them, which didn't prove to be all that effective in getting them to move faster than the leisurely strides they were taking. They were on their own schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment