Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter in Morocco

This past weekend, I came to the site of a fellow Peace Corps Volunteer (PCV) and friend of mine who lives in a bigger site than mine. She invited me to her home for Easter dinner. I made sure to arrive early in the day so I was able to join a few other PCVs in going to an American couple's house where we had a Bible study. I hadn't previously been with that many Christians since arriving here in Morocco. It made me very happy.

Some of them are here in Morocco for a week-long basketball camp. Others of them are working here in Morocco long-term providing greatly needed various forms of medical attention. Yet others of them are here in Morocco on vacation.

After the Bible study, some of us went out for lunch together, where we were asking and telling each other about our respective work. At the end of the meal, one of my fellow PCVs got up to pay for her part of the meal. We found out that the owner of the cafe said that there was no charge for the meal. He had said that we didn't have to pay because it was Easter Sunday, which I thought was very nice of him, and which I certainly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment